Welcome to Soma Syntax Studio
“Soma Syntax is what I call doing whatever it takes to result in creating a more efficient use of the muscles, that allows the body to conserve energy, and creates more refined patterns of movement.”
Certified Rolfer® Anne Sotelo developed the the “Soma Syntax Method”, incorporating Rolf Movement® Integration, Pilates equipment, sensorimotor training, neuro-muscular reeducation, ideokinesis, and Manual Therapy, including Myofascial Release, Rolfing®, Craniosacral, Visceral, and Neuromeningeal therapies, to bring her clients relief from pain, improve their range of movement, and to cultivate better physical well-being.
The body must be balanced to
achieve it’s full potential.
Soma Syntax Studio – Rolfing & Pilates in Los Angeles, CA
Rolfing is a form of hands-on manipulation and movement education developed by Ida P. Rolf over 50 years ago. Rolfing® Structural Integration works on the connective tissue (fascia) to release, realign and balance the whole body. Rolfing® Structural Integration enhances your posture and freedom of movement. It is not painful, and may bring dramatic results, including…
- Rolfing Structural Integration has the ability to dramatically alter a person’s posture and structure.
- Rolfing SI can potentialy resolve discomfort, release tension and alleviate pain.
- Rolfing SI aims to restore flexibility, revitalize your energy and leave you feeling more comfortable in your body.
- Research has demonstrated that Rolfing SI creates a more efficient use of the muscles, allows the body to conserve energy, and creates more economical and refined patterns of movement.
- Research also shows that Rolfing SI significantly reduces chronic stress and changes in the body structure.
- For example, a study showed that Rolfing SI significantly reduced the spinal curvature of subjects with lordosis (sway back); it also showed that Rolfing SI enhances neurological functioning.
- Rolf Movement® Integration, helps clients become aware of their inhibiting and limiting movement patterns and offers more efficient ways to perform daily activities.
- Increased flexibility
- Better balance
- Deeper, easier breathing
- Greater range of motion in joints
- Improved soft tissue flexibility
- More mental energy
- Decreased physical pain
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Calmness of mind, a sense of well-being
- Faster recovery from exertion
- Injury recovery, including repetitive motion
- Fluid and easier movements
- Improved body awareness
- Headache relief